Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Time Has Come.

These trials and tribulations have made me who I am. Someone unafraid to work hard, to sacrifice, and to endure. My struggles have made me compassionate and empathetic to those around me. If all I can do is make sure that I am open and available to those in need, under any circumstance, then that is where you will find me. I am not without faults: I am broken. I am emotional. I am scared. I will never claim to be something I am not. I will never settle for content. This world is too big and too full of pain for me to enjoy my life for one minute while I see people that suffer around me daily.

Soon I will have my degree and a fullfilling career. I have a beautiful daughter that means the world to me. I have wonderful and caring friends and family, that without, I would not be where or who I am today. These are the things that drive me to strive for more. I will never fix this world and I may not ever change a single life in my time here, but I do know that I will never quit trying until the last breath leaves my body.

Amidst all of the pain and heartache I have endured over the last twenty-five years, I wouldn't change a thing. I am strong and I can take care of myself. I have my moments of humility and pride is not what makes me tick. I mess up. I say and do the wrong things. I stumble when things get just a little bit too hard. But I will always stand up and fight when it matters. I will fight for me. I will fight for my daughter. And most importantly, I will fight for God's grace that has kept me going for this long.

It is a tragic plea made with a meek voice: God, please help me through each day. I have been lost and terrified that no one can or will find me. But day by day, I see less tears fall. I see more joy than sadness. I feel my bleeding heart begin to scab over, praying for the day that I will no longer feel the pinpricks of a lost childhood and lost love. One day I will find my place in this world. It's not today. It will probably not be tomorrow. But one day.... the time has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment